The ARTIS-3 Portable EMI Pipe Inspection System provides high speed state-of-the-art inspection for defects located in used Oil Field Drill Pipe, Tubing and Casing.
The ARTIS-3 is the most technologically advanced system available, designed to detect more defect types than any other EMI system in the marketplace.
The ARTIS-3 is the only portable transverse EMI inspection unit with four (4) unique detection functions !
FUNCTION (defect types)
1. Transverse Flaws (for holes, cracks, sharp pits)
2. Localized Wall Loss (smaller, more abrupt OD erosion/corrosion)
3. Localized Wall Loss (larger, more gradual ID erosion/corrosion)
4. Full Length Wall Thickness Monitor (cross sectional area)
1. Flux Leakage
2. Flux Leakage
3. Flux Density
4. Flux Density
The ONLY system in the industry which actually inspects 100% of the pipe wall using magentic wall loss methods.
All other systems inspect less than 20% !
- OEM’s PATENTED Methods & Technology.
- Designed to operate from the <included> laptop computer system with a USB 2.0 interface.
- 100% computerized system. No knobs to turn – ever !
- Automatically calibrates in seconds with our Exclusive AutoCAL function or the operator can manually calibrate the system.
- 100% High Resolution Solid State HALL Sensor System… NO SEARCH COILS !
- Unmatched defect detection with up to 25 independent channels of inspection.
- Variable speed, ultra-fast inspection range approx. 90 – 140 FPM (27-43 MPM).
- Engineered to be rugged, extremely easy to use and maintain.
- MODEL 5400 – 2-3/8″ through 6-5/8″ O.D. API tubular products can be inspected.
- MODEL 5500 – 2-3/8″ through 13-3/8″ O.D. API tubular products can be inspected.
- Competitive spare parts / maintenance costs – The BEST inspection results for a comparable maintenance cost!
- More than 100% circumferential coverage for suspected Transverse Flaws and Small Localized Wall Loss Defects (which are undetectable by induction search coil type systems).
- 360 Degree coverage for suspected large area localized wall loss defects such as erosion and corrosion pitting (which is undetectable by induction search coil type systems).
- Includes our “thick-thin” wall thickness monitoring function for defects such as OD wear, rod wear and gradual wear.
- On Board Diagnostics (OBD – II) The Second Generation of our proprietary solid-state real time monitoring system for necessary system components.
- For a stationary in-plant configuration, see our ARTIS-5 ST In-Plant System.
- . . . and much more !
This product and / or it’s use may be covered by one or more United States Patents.