The MODEL-4500 Portable EMI Pipe Inspection System provides advanced defect detection for used Oil Field Drill Pipe, Tubing and Casing.
The MODEL-4500 system provides the most economical inspection solution with three (3) unique EMI inspection funcitons.
The MODEL-4500 is the only search coil class unit with three separate inspection functions!
FUNCTION (defect types)
1. Transverse Flaws (for holes, cracks, sharp pits)
2. LARGE Localized Wall Loss (larger ID and OD erosion/corrosion)
3. Full Length Wall Thickness Monitor (cross sectional area)
1. Flux Leakage
2. Flux Density
3. Flux Density
- Designed to operate from the <included> laptop computer system with a USB 2.0 interface.
- 100% computerized system. No knobs to turn – ever !
- Automatically calibrates in seconds with our Exclusive AutoCAL function or the operator can manually calibrate the system.
- Implements a combination of both High Resolution Solid State HALL Sensors and Induction Search Coils.
- More features and detection capabilties than any other search coil based EMI unit available.
- Quick inspection speed approx. 90 FPM (27 MPM).
- Engineered to be rugged, extremely easy to use and maintain.
- MODEL 4500 – 2-3/8″ through 6-5/8″ O.D. API tubular products can be inspected.
- Low cost, competitive spare parts / maintenance costs.
- More than 100% circumferential coverage for suspected Transverse Flaws.
- 360 Degree coverage for suspected large area localized wall loss defects such as erosion and corrosion pitting (which is undetectable by induction search coil type systems).
- Includes our “thick-thin” wall thickness monitoring function for defects such as OD wear, rod wear and gradual wear.
- On Board Diagnostics (Lite Edition) – Our proprietary solid-state real time monitoring system for necessary system components.
- For a stationary in-plant configuration, see our MODEL-4500 ST In-Plant System.
- . . . and much more !
This product and / or it’s use may be covered by one or more United States Patents.